Monday, October 27, 2008

Literary Pumpkin Award!

Last week, our class submitted a group of wild pumpkins to represent the Kindergarten Star book, "Where the Wild Things Are". A team of moms, Mrs. Villena, Mrs. Colbert, Mrs. Warren, and Mrs. Kaiser rolled up their sleeves and helped our students to create their little monster pumpkins. Our students had a wonderful time creating their masterpieces. Last Thursday, judges from outside our school awarded the Literacy Pumpkins according to their choice. We won the award for Primary, "Hands Definitely Touched These"! We were so excited that our students' work was recognized because they did a wonderful job! Thank you to everyone that made this possible for our students, what a wonderful Pumpkin Week!

4 comments:

Mrs. Felter said...

Dear Mrs. Bridges and friends,

I loved your pumpkins! Great work! I can't wait to do our Holiday Centers together :)

Sincerely,
Miss Lipsky

Michelle Ellis & Debby Cothern said...

I just loved your pumpkins. I think that very smart and creative hands touched these!

l said...

I am so glad the pumpkins were a success. I very much enjoyed working with the children on them and having them remind me that the heart of art is passion not perfection!

Meli O'Leary said...

That is my favorite book! I loved your pumpkins. Congratulations on your award!