Each day during Skills Block, We are learning a new vocabulary word from one of our Star books! The students are taught these words along with a picture example. We challenge them to use them throughout the day in our conversations and to create new examples.
We have just finished learning vocabulary words from the book, "Caps For Sale". Our students showed their understanding of these words by illustrating four of them for us on Friday. The words we illustrated were, "disturb", "ordinary", "refreshed", and "mischievious". You will receive this work on Monday. Ask your student about their illustrations, they are precious!
2 comments:
I am so excited that your Kindergarteners are learning such meaningful vocabulary words. And, I know from experience with my own son (Now a 1st Grader) that these words quickly become part of the child's working vocabulary. You hear them everywhere--at the dinner table, in the dining room, during workshops! How exciting!
I went to a workshop once that taught me how to encourage the kids to use the "star" words. Every time someone in the class used the word meaningfully in conversation or a story we would all whisper "Superstar" and make and S with our fingers. THE KIDS LOVED IT.(Only the resource teachers would get weirded out when they said a star word and got "superstared") Do you guys do that too? If you don't, you can stop by my room sometime and I'll show you the moves:)
Post a Comment